In March, the Motorcoach and travel industry shut down overnight due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Since then, Newton Bus Service has used this time to look at additional methods to improve our sanitation and disinfecting of our coaches. While our company already had stringent cleaning procedures, we felt there was areas to improve. Victory Innovations, a well-known electrostatic sprayer supplier to hospitals and ambulances, has now partnered with the Motorcoach industry. The sprayers provide an electrical charge to a chemical solution which permits it to give complete coverage to all surfaces evenly. It is a safe chemical solution that kills a broad spectrum of bacteria, spores, viruses etc. in a matter of minutes. In addition, to the sprayer we will continue with our existing procedures as follows:
· All drivers have their temperature taken prior to the departure of any trip.
· No driver may be dispatched that has traveled outside of US., or that has been in contact with anyone who is sick.
· Each coach is sterilized after each trip (including all surfaces)
· All coaches are provided with hand sanitizers in the restroom area.
· Drivers are provided with mask and gloves.
· During the trip drivers will clean and sanitize surface areas (i.e. handrails, armrest, restroom door, restroom handles, etc.)
· Each coach will have enhanced filtering systems, which provides antimicrobial fiber layer for added protection.
Newton Bus Service continues to monitor all guidelines from the CDC and VA State Health Department. Currently there have been no mandates provided for coach companies that transport school groups on charter trips. We have in the meantime developed procedures we ask that all groups adhere to until further notice. They are as follows:
· Groups are permitted to provide their own personal protective equipment (i.e. mask, gloves). Please note if you choose not to wear a mask, there are some attractions that will require it to enter. We will assume if you do not wear a mask that your group leader has checked with the attraction about what requirements they must have to enter.
· Currently, there are no restrictions for the number of passengers a charter coach company should have. Since the pandemic began, we have continued to provide transportation for groups. For each of those trips the group instructed our company how many passengers they wanted to carry on each coach. Therefore, it is the groups responsibility to notify our company at the time of booking how many passengers they would like to carry on each coach.
· As always if you or any member of your group is sick or has been with anyone who is sick, we ask that you take care and stay home. Drivers will take the temperature of all passengers using an Infrared Thermometer prior to beginning each trip. Should anyone register a temperature over 100 degrees he or she will be referred to the group leader. The group leader will notify appropriate medical personal for further intervention.
We want everyone to have a safe and relaxed trip. We will do our part and we ask that you do also. We can get through this if we all work together. Newton Bus Service, Inc. is eager to provide safe and dependable service to our customers again. If you have questions or comments please do not hesitate to call.
Newton's Bus Service,